Chad Taylor was born in New Zealand in November 1964. He grew up in Manurewa, South Auckland and read English and Art History while doing a Fine Arts degree at Auckland University's Elam School of Fine Arts. ("I wanted to do something creative and I wanted to find out how art worked. Also, all my favourite bands had gone to art school," he says.) While studying he wrote music and film reviews for Rip It Up magazine.
This anthology features nine top authors in a fascinating anthology that groups the best examples of the novella, a form in which many New Zealand fiction writers have excelled. The collection includes:
- Janet Frame: Snowman, Snowman
- Maurice Shadbolt: Figures in Light
- Ronald Hugh Morrieson: Pallet on the Floor
- Ian Wedde: Dick Seddon's Great Dive
- Keri Hulme: Te Kaihau/The Windeater
- Russell Haley: The Transfer Station
- Witi Ihimaera: The Halcyon Summer
- Mike Johnson: Frames
- Chad Taylor: Pack of Lies
Peter Simpson's previous collection, Seven New Zealand Novellas, was nominated in the 2004 Montana Book Awards reference and anthology category.
'''German Translation details: http://www.chadtaylor.co.nz/scp_1.html'''