Twelve adventurous Australian writers respond to the challenge of creating a hybrid crime story. Murder, mayhem and malice intercept with science fiction, fantasy, horror, western, fairy tale and romance writing to create an unholy miasma, the likes of which you have never encountered before.
Expect the unexpected. Prepare for the confrontation. The crime fiction story has been invaded by marauding genres. The boundaries have been blurred. You have been warned. A cross genre crime anthology featuring Australia's best writers of crime playing with genre boundaries. There's some SF, Fantasy, Horror, Magic Realism.
Authors include Garry Disher, Marele Day, Robert Wallace, Jean Bedford, Peter Corris, Terry Dowling, and others.
- Introduction - Stuart Coupe
- The Kid and the Man from Pinkertons - Marele Day
- My Brother Jack - Garry Disher
- Finding Fire - Jean Bedford
- And Then She Kissed Him - Steve Wright
- Voyeur Night - Robert Hood
- Arizona Dawn - Peter Corris
- Blue Groper - Robert Wallace
- The Big Fairy Tale Sleep - Domenic Cadden
- Fear-Me-Now - Terry Dowling
- I Am My Father's Daughter - Bill Congreve
- I Am Dying Egypt, Dying - Kerry Greenwood
- Sensible Shoes - Jan McKemmish